Nigeria Army Recruitment, the Nigerian Army, is delighted to announce that its portal is now open for Basic Recruit, and military training for Trades and Non-Tradesmen. It is a Short Period of Training for people with and without trade skills to enlist in the Nigerian Army as Trade and Non-trade soldiers. The Nigeria Army Recruitment training lasts for a period of 6 months of training and is applicable to candidates who possess a minimum of a Secondary School leaving Certificate. See also Nigerian Air Force Short Service Enlistment Portal For 2022 Application
Brief History of the Nigerian Army
The Nigerian Army is the largest security component in Nigeria even across West Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. The Nigerian Army is the land branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. The Army’s major divisions include the 1st Division, 2nd Division, the 3rd armoured division, 81st Division, 82 Division, and the newly formed 8, 7 & 6th Divisions, all located at strategic locations in the country.
Nigeria Army is responsible for land warfare operations, especially in troubled areas of the country, i.e. Northeast Nigeria has been under the siege of Boko Haram operations for several years. The Nigerian Army Council governs it.
Nigeria Army Recruitment Basic Requirements
All candidates must fall within the stipulated category for Nigeria Army recruitment.
- Maximum Age for (Non-Trades) 18 years
- 22 years for (Non-Trade)
- 22 years for (Trades)
- 26 years (Trades)
- Minimum height Male of 6. 8
- Female applicant height should fall between 6. 2
- Candidate’s Educational Qualification must at least be a minimum of 4 passes in not more than 2 settings in WASSCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB.
Basic Qualification For Nigeria Army Recruitment 2021
- The applicant must be a Nigerian by birth and possess a National identity card.
- You must be medically, physically and psychologically fit.
- Candidates must be free of any criminal conviction by a court of law.
- All applicants must possess at least a minimum of 4 passes in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB at O/level including the English Language.
- In addition to the above qualification, those applying as tradesmen/women must also possess Trade Test/City Guide Certificate. Details are available on the website.
- An applicant must not be less than 18 years and not more than 22 years for non-tradesmen/women while tradesmen/women must not be less than 22 years and not more than 26 years as at the commencement of training by 31 May 2021.
- Height for both females and males should not be less than 1.68 meters and 1.62 meters tall for male and female candidates, respectively.
- Knowledge of additional Nigerian Languages other than mother tongue is an added advantage. See also Nigerian Navy Recruitment & Enlistment 2022| How To Secure Navy Job In Nigeria
- Attestation of good moral conduct
General Instructions for Nigeria Army Recruitment
- Candidates are to note that there will be no Pre-Selection Computer Based Test.
- No Special centre for recruitment.
- There will be no Zonal Screening Exercise.
- All screening of potential recruits will be conducted in the candidates’ respective states of origin.
- Candidates are not to bring electronic or recording devices to the venue of the State Recruitment Exercise.
- You are also expected to adhere to COVID-19 protocols which include regular washing of hands, use of a face mask, and observing physical distance.
- Any candidate who falsifies or forges their results and is discovered even during training at Depot NA would be withdrawn.
- Applicants are advised to come with their BVN printout.
- Please, you are advised in your own interest not to give any form of gratification or inducement to any person or group of persons to assist them in the recruitment exercise.
- Carefully read the instruction on the website
- Names of shortlisted candidates will be published on the NA website for the awareness of all candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates are to report to their respective states of origin for the screening exercise from 12 – 26 April 2021.
- Successful candidates would be conveyed to NA Training Area Falgore Forest Kano State from 26 April 2021.
How to apply for Nigerian army recruitment in 2021
- Registration is done with a valid email address
- Create an account on the portal using your personnel’s valid email address.
- Use Gmail, if you don’t have one, please create a new email
- login to complete the online application on the portal
- After completing the application preview and submit
- Make sure you print attestation documents generated after submission, including the Guarantor forms and photo card
- You should also visit designated examination and recruitment centres with the above documents.
Apply online at the Nigeria Army Recruitment portal https://recruitment.army.mil.ng
Log on to the above-mentioned link using the username and password.
Complete the application form, submit it online and print a copy.
Print and complete the Guarantor Form as appropriate.
Ensure you bring with you copies of the application and guarantor forms to the designated state recruitment centers.