Each year, ARES Scholarships offer students the opportunity to pursue a one-year specialized master’s degree programme or a 4-to-6-month advanced training course within a higher education institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium. The ARES Scholarships aim is to enable students to have a professional experience in their field of studies and also acquire reputable skills in relevant topics. See also BEA Scholarship 2022 Fully Funded For Nigerian Undergraduates
About ARES Scholarships
The ARES Scholarship takes place in all participating universities and academic institutions in Belgium, level and field of study include eligible Masters and Training courses in the fields of
- Food Technology
- International development,
- Information technology,
- Human rights,
You can visit the official website for further information about the courses available. The number of scholarships to be awarded is estimated at over 150 Masters and 70 training scholarships and it’s targeted at Nationals of
- Burkina Faso,
- Ethiopia (only for training courses in English),
- DR Congo,
ARES Scholarships Value and inclusion(s)
The scholarships cover International travel expenses, a living allowance of 1150 €/month for a duration of 12 months, and Mission fees of £150 this amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee. registration fees, Insurance, Housing allowance, etc. See also Clarendon Scholarships At the University of Oxford For 2021/2022: Fully Funded Scholarship
ARES Scholarships Specialized Master’s Programs for 2021-2022
- Master de spécialisation en développement, environnement et sociétés
- Master de spécialisation en droits de l’homme
- Master de spécialisation en gestion des ressources aquatiques et aquaculture
- Master de spécialisation en gestion des risques et des catastrophes
- Master de spécialisation en gestion intégrée des risques sanitaires dans les pays du Sud (GIRISS)
- Specialized Master in International and development Economics
- Master de spécialisation en médecine transfusionnelle
- Specialized Master in Microfinance
- ARESE Scholarships Specialized Master’s Programs for 2021-2022
- Specialized Master in Public Health Program
- Master de spécialisation en sciences de la santé publique – méthodes de recherche appliquées à la santé globale
- Master de spécialisation en sciences et gestion de l’environnement dans les pays en développement
- Master de spécialisation en transport et logistique
Eligibility Criteria ARES Scholarships
For a request to be valid, the applicant must:
- You must be a citizen of a developing country. Applicants must be living and working in their country of origin when they apply.
- You must be under the age of 40 for degree programs, and under 45 for training courses, at the time the training is scheduled to begin.
- You must have earned a diploma comparable to a graduate-level diploma from the Belgian university of studies.
- You must have relevant professional experience in a developing country for at least two years after graduate studies, or three years after their studies if the applicant has earned a post-grad degree from a university in an industrialized country.
- You must have a good mastery of written and spoken French. For training courses held in another language, it is essential to have a proper level in the course’s language, both written and spoken. We shall insist that the applicant commit to learning French to take part in daily life in Belgium;
- Apply for only one training course.
Applicants should not obtain prior admission to one of the Francophone universities in Belgium to be considered for ARES grants.
How to submit a grant application
Please note that the application procedure for ARES Scholarships is now online via the GIRAF platform.
- First, you need to create a GIRAF account by clicking here. Your account will be validated (within a few hours to a few days) and you will receive a confirmation mail.
Visit the Website for further enquirers: https://www.ares-ac.be/en/