Australia Awards Scholarships is a programme administered by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The scholarships provide opportunities for people from developing countries, especially those countries in the Indo-Pacific regions of the world.
The aim is to enable individuals to embark on full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at any taking part Australian university.
We advise you to apply for Australia Awards Scholarships if your academic qualifications meet the eligibility criteria. We will award a huge number of scholarships to students from different countries of the world including Nigeria.
In this article, I will explain the detail of this scholarship, and step-by-step guide on how to submit your application. Read this article to the end so that you will understand how to submit an application. Eligible students will be selected. See also Federal Government Teaching Job Recruitment 2021 | How to Complete Your Application Online
Important Information About Australia Awards Scholarships
- Country: Australia
- Instructions: All selected universities in the country
- Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes
- Target Group: International students
- Field of study: All selected subjects/courses in all the taking part universities.
- Number of Scholarships: Not specific
- Deadline: Check this link (list of participating countries.)
Australia Awards Scholarships Value and Inclusion (s)
Australia Awards Scholarships value is:-
- Full tuition fees,
- Return air travel,
- Establishment allowance,
- Contribution to living expenses (CLE),
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC),
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP),
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships
We expect the applicant to fulfil the following criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships:-
- You must attend a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship.
- Be a citizen of a taking part country.
- Citizens of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- Not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds.
- Should not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have lived outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time they were in Australia.
- Satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship.
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken.
- Satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa.
How to apply for Australia Awards Scholarships
Visit the scholarship official website to select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply. The deadline is 30 April 2021.
Visit the scholarship portal for your application and further enquiries http://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards