China Oxford Scholarship Fund (COSF) is a scholarship program specifically designed for the People’s republic of china, Hong Kong, and Macau who has gotten admission to pursue postgraduate degree studies on a full-time basis at the prestigious University of Oxford, Uk. The China Oxford Scholarship Fund will be awarded to over Twenty (20) brilliant students from China.
Preference will be given to students who are coming to the United Kingdom for studies for the first time, and to students who have shown strong academic prowess in the field of studies, with good leadership quality and visible demonstration to make a significant contribution to the development of China after studies.
About China Oxford Scholarship Fund
- Host Institution: Oxford University
- Country: United Kingdom
- Target Group: People’s Republic of China
- Number of Scholarships: Twenty (20)
- Duration: 1 year
China Oxford Scholarship Fund Value, Benefits, and Inclusions
The China scholarship partnership with the Chinese government has many packages put together for indigent students of the People’s republic of china, below are several Scholarships available:-
- China Oxford Scholarship Fund grants up to 20 awards annually with amounts ranging from £2,000 to £20,000. All the awards are open to any subject. However, some have preferences for a particular area of study or a particular college at the University of Oxford.
- China Oxford Award – £5,000 or higher. Open to any subject.
- Hoare Family Award – Up to £5,000. Preference will be given to those studying social sciences.
- The Spirit of Hong Kong Award – £5,000 up to a maximum of £7,500. Preference to pharmacology, biochemical or medical-related research but, depending on applicants in any given year, not to be a restrictive criterion.
- Tang Oxford Award – Up to £18,000. Preference is given to mainland Chinese students studying environmental sciences.
- Oxford China Simon Li Scholarship – £5,000. Preference is given to those studying in the area of education, and language.
- Hon China Scholarship – Up to £20, 000 and available when funds allow.
You can also apply for the following scholarship opportunities
- China Scholarship Council (CSC) 2022 | Official Websites
- CSC Scholarships | China Scholarship Council | At Wuhan-University
- Felix Scholarship | Oxford University 2022| Free Tuition Fees
Top sponsors of the China Oxford Scholarship Fund
Below are the top sponsors of the China Oxford Scholarship in previous years and their donations:
- Westminster Foundation – £7,500 Grosvenor Oxford Award available per year from 2005 to 2010.
- Garfield Weston Foundation – £19,000 Weston Scholarship available per year from 2013 to 2015.
- The Wolfson Foundation – Two £12,500 Wolfson China Scholarships are available per year from 2008 to 2014.
- Oxford University Press – £5,000 Oxford China Simon Li Scholarship was available per year from 2013 to 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for China Oxford Scholarship Fund Value
To be eligible for the China Oxford Scholarship Fund Post-graduate awards program,
- Participating student must be a Chinese citizen with a valid PRC passport, SAR Hong Kong passport, or SAR Macau passport.
- Students must be ordinarily resident in the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, or Macau
- Must have an official offer or official conditional offer to study full-time for a postgraduate degree from the University of Oxford at the time of application.
- Graduate students who are already studying at the University of Oxford are also eligible to apply.
- You must provide a “confirmation of registration and student status” letter from the University of Oxford as part of your application.
Selection Process for China Scholarship Fund
Preference is given to those who will be studying in the United Kingdom for the first time. The awards criteria are the following:
- A confirmed place for postgraduate degree study at Oxford
- Academic excellence
- Financial need
- Personal qualities, achievements, and leadership potential
- A commitment to contributing to China
- Sufficient command of the English language to fully benefit from an award
How to apply for China Oxford Scholarship Fund Value
All applicants are devised to complete the online application form for the 2021-2022 academic year as the applications deadline of 24:00 HK time on 15th April 2021 has now passed.
Please kindly visit the official scholarship website for your application and further inquiries, you are expected to follow the application guidelines carefully and make sure you follow the steps as stated: Official Scholarship Website: http://chinaoxford.org/