Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered to citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries. In the same vein, the scholarships are funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), with the sole aim of contributing to the UK’s international development.
The scholarship objectives are widening overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth in the area of education. See also DAAD Scholarship 2022 | Fully Funded For Masters Program In Germany
The Purpose of Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships is to contribute to the developmental needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas. See also Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022 | 100% Tuition Free Scholarship
We encourage you to apply if your desire is to upgrade your academic qualifications. Selection is on merit. Students with high academic records are our target.
About Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
The scholarship currently holds/takes place at the University of Edinburgh and all other participating universities across the globe. The number of scholarships is not specific, and it is targeted at international students. Levels & fields of study include all eligible courses at the University of Edinburgh,
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships Value and Inclusions
A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required
Target Countries: Nationals of Commonwealth Developing Countries:
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
Development themes and impact
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those unable to study in the UK for financial and other reasons.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Find out more about the CSC Development themes.
Eligible Courses for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Below are the certified and approved courses for the scholarships
- Biodiversity, Wildlife and Ecosystem Health, MSc
- Carbon Management, MSc
- Clinical Education, MSc
- Clinical Management of Pain, MSc
- Conservation Medicine, MVetSci
- Family Medicine, MSc
- General Surgery, ChM
- Global Challenges, MSc
- Global Health and Infectious Disease, MSc
- International Animal Health, MSc
- International Animal Welfare Ethics and Law, MSc
- One Health. MSc
- Paediatric Emergency Medicine, MSc
- Public Health, MPH
- Surgical Sciences, ChM
- Trauma & Orthopaedics, ChM
- Urology, ChM
- Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, ChM
Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in some instances.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship. See also Bangor University Stem Scholarship 2022 | Free Tuition Fees Program For Women In Stem
How to apply for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Interested candidates must apply to study an eligible master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. You must also use and secure admission to your university course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their advice on when to use, admission requirements, and rules for applying. All applications must be submitted by 17:00 (BST) on 26 April 2021 at the latest
Please kindly visit the official scholarship website for your application and further enquiries, you are expected to follow the application guidelines carefully and make sure you follow the steps as stated: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/cmgtx9hynw/index.html
Thanks for reading our articles.
We wish you the best of luck.