The Maastricht University Scholarship (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €29,000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM. See also Queensland University Law Scholarship| Fully Funded| 2022
About Maastricht University Scholarship
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund) and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree program in the Netherlands. See also Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2022 | How To Secure Funds For Your Studies
Maastricht University Scholarship Benefits and Value
The Maastricht University Scholarship covers living expenses (€11,400 – 12 months; €22,800 – 24 months), health, and liability insurance (€700), visa application costs (€174), tuition fees (€13,800. €15,500 or €16,800, depending on the tuition of your study program), and pre-academic training costs.
The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Master’s program – 13 months for a one-year master’s programme and 25 months for a two-year master’s programme. See also Nigerian Navy Recruitment & Enlistment 2022| How To Secure Navy Job In Nigeria
Eligibility Criteria for Maastricht University Scholarship
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2021.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrates that they are among the top 5% of the 2021-2022 scholarship program applicants. See also UBC Karen McKellin Scholarship 2020 For International Leaders of Tomorrow Award
How to apply for Maastricht University Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship, you must first register for one of the participating Master’s Programme (MA) at Maastricht University. Once you have submitted your application via the Studie link, you will receive a student ID number which you will need to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. You must then fill in the application form, upload the required documents, and submit your application online.