Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is one of the surest ways to get funds for academic pursuits abroad. Each year, the Mastercard Foundation budgets and awards huge amounts of money to students that want to continue their academic journey, especially overseas. Mastercard Foundation provides scholarships to young Africans Students to pursue either Undergraduate or Postgraduate studies at UCT. You can also apply for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2022/2023 In Austria
In this article, I will explain the full details of this scholarship and a step-by-step guide on how to complete your application with ease.
Mastercard Foundation partners with the University of Cape Town (UCT) to oversee the implementation of this scholarship program. The University of Cape Town is delegated with the following responsibilities;-
- Social and
- Post-graduation support to awarded candidates under the scholarship titled The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town South Africa. The idea of the Scholarship Program is to charge promising young people, from beneficiaries to benefactors, to prepare you with the necessary principles, knowledge, skills, and leadership to fuel economic and social progress across Africa and the world at large. See also NNPC SNEPco Scholarship 2020/2021 | Fully Funded Scholarship For All Nigerian Undergraduates
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship’s major aim is to discover talented undergraduates and postgraduate students with financial predicaments but has shown potential leadership perspective from neither Sub-Saharan Africa nor other selected parts of the world.
About Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship will be given preference to students looking for funds to finance their master’s degree programme at the University of Cape Town South Africa. Our Foundation seeks a world where everyone has an equal opportunity to learn and thrive.
Mastercard Foundation believes that with access to quality education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance.
Our focus is on helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa find opportunities to make input in the world.
The Benefits of the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
- Reimbursement of costs incurred for visa application processing.
- An economy class air ticket to Cape Town South Africa for awardees.
- Full tuition fees and international student fees.
- Accommodation in the student housing system at the University of Cape Town.
- Meals through the student housing system at the University of Cape Town.
- Medical cover with a recommended medical aid service provider.
- Provide a living stipend for you.
- Book allowance to purchase the prescribed textbooks required for your degree program.
- Costs related to community activities in the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town.
- Access to an internship opportunity.
- An economy class air ticket home upon completion of studies.
Successful applicants for this scholarship will receive Mentorship, Leadership Development, and Academic and life skills support. Some of the academic support programmes will include:
- Language Training
- Writing Circles and
- Guidance Counseling.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship value and inclusion (S)
The scholarship is not specified but will be enough to fund the program.
Scholarships: The number is not specified this year, but Mastercard has been offering a big number of scholarships per annum.
Host Institution: University of Cape Town South Africa
Scholarship Courses for Mastercard-UTC Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
- Health Sciences
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Online Application
Each applicant must meet the following criteria before applying
- You must be academically talented, value learning and must have a passion to complete the education process.
- You must be economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to your own community once studies are completed
- Ready to return to your home country and take a leadership role with the aim of promoting social and economic welfare.
- A future leader is committed to showing quality leadership to improve the lives of his people.
- Evidence of commitment to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreaches
- Citizens and residents of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Desire to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- All prospective students must first be admitted to the University of Cape Town, South Africa to be considered for the Scholarship.
- Preference will be given to ‘first-generation’ students, i.e. those who are the first ones in their families to go to university.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Criteria for Selection:
- Applicants must have received a firm offer to study at UCT.
- You must come from an economically disadvantaged background
- Demonstrate leadership potential and must have acted in a leadership capacity or its equivalent
- Should meet the set academic requirements.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program and must have an admission to the University of Cape Town South Africa for academic study and placement. Candidates are advised to contact the relevant department that the academic application will be submitted.
- Undergraduate. For the Undergraduate application form, click here
- Postgraduate. For the Undergraduate application form, click here
Students should visit the scholarship portal to complete the scholarship.