The Mastercard Foundation Scholarships University of Toronto is proudly partnering with The MasterCard Foundation to develop Africa’s next generation of leaders through resounding quality education. This scholarship partnership has provided several thousands of scholarships to young African undergraduates, enabling many successful participants to develop research ideas and make a global imprint. See also Rhodes Scholarship 2020/2021 At University Of Oxford | Fully Funded Scholarship
Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2022o will offer 67 scholarships to African students. Such students will have the opportunity to study with one of the world’s top-ranked universities in Canada. In one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program opens up boundless opportunities for young Africans from economically disadvantaged communities. But with huge academic talent, potential to lead, and motivation to make an immediate difference. As the University of Toronto graduates and global citizens, they will return to Africa with the tools to change lives within their communities and across borders.
About Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
Mastercard Foundation Scholarships are available in Toronto, Canada countries that can apply for the University of Toronto Canada MasterCard Scholarship are sub-Saharan African countries and other French-speaking countries in Africa. Since 1827, the University of Toronto has had one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America and consistently ranks among the top universities in the world.
Level & Field of Study: The scholarship is for undergraduate students in the Health field and other fields of study.
How To Get Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
If you are interested in becoming a Scholar, you must apply through the University of your Choice. Partner institutions have their own deadlines and admission fees. We recommend that you research the application guidelines or contact the institution of your choice for more information.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Value & Inclusion (s)
Each successful student for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at the University of Toronto will receive
- If selected, you will receive a scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a Bachelor’s degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. You will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support, enabling you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success.
- Internships: The program includes two unpaid internships. The first will take place in the Toronto area for three months during your second summer to provide local practical work experience and skills. The second internship will take place in Africa during your third summer.
- Funds will be available to help you with the cost of a passport. If you do not own a passport, the program will aid in passport applications and related costs.
Eligibility Criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
Mastercard Foundation Scholarships are open to students who are residents and citizens of a Sub-Saharan African country. You must be a first-time applicant to the University of Toronto who has not yet begun university study elsewhere. Mastercard Foundation Scholarship requirements include.
- You should be a resident and graduating high school student of a country within sub-Saharan Africa.
- Maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards regional socio-economic development.
- Have very strong academic results within your school system.
- Posses a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement.
- Demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of your country
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Application Form
All applicants should include the following components for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023
- A complete online application
- Financial documents and transcript – upload a scanned copy of financial documentation and secondary school transcript and any other academic information.
- Two references – provide the names and contact details of two individuals who will serve as your referees.
Please kindly visit the official scholarship website: https://mastercardfdn.org/all/scholars/