The MENA Scholarship Programme in the Netherlands (MSP) is being offered to professionals for short courses in the Netherlands. Mena Scholarship Programme is initiated and funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Nuffic. This scholarship is one of the easiest ways to access foreign education. Holland has a rich educational system that is consistent with the current trend in technology and other relevant academics.
In this article, I will explain to you the details of this scholarship, eligibility criteria, the scholarship value, eligible countries, available courses etc. Please note that it is only students who met the eligibility criteria will be considered.
Brief Description of MENA Scholarship
The overall aim of the MENA Scholarship Programme Netherlands is to contribute to capacity building within organizations by enabling employees and academic researchers to take part in short courses in the Netherlands. It also aims at strengthening the relations between the participating countries and The Netherlands by building a sustainable alumni network.
While the scholarship is awarded to individuals, all candidates must be nominated by their employer to be able to participate. The need for training has to be demonstrated in the context of the organization in which the applicant is employed. The institution or organization will attest to good moral conduct for the applicant. See also Nokia Foundation Scholarship 2022 | How To Secure Fully Funded Scholarships To Study Abroad
- Host Country: Holland
- Sponsors: Dutch Government through Nuffic
- Number of Scholarships: Not specific but several numbers will be awarded
- Duration: Check the website
- Level: Master’s and Postgraduate
- Target Group: International Students. The MENA Scholarship Programme Netherlands are awarded in a competitive selection to highly motivated professionals ‘change makers’ who are in a position to introduce the newly-acquired skills and knowledge into their employing organization. 50% of all scholarships are allocated to female applicants.
The MSP is open to professionals who are nationals of – and living and working in – one of the countries listed below:
- Management and Accounting
- Agriculture and Environment
- Natural sciences and Computer sciences
- Law Public Administration
- Public order and Safety
- Social sciences
- Communication and Arts
MENA Scholarship Value and Inulusion (s)
MENA scholarship is a contribution towards the costs of the selected short course and it is planned to supplement the salary of the recipient throughout the scholarship period.
The scholarships awards will include;
- subsistence allowance
- international travel costs
- visa costs
- course fee
- medical insurance
- allowance for study materials.
Eligibility criteria for MENA Scholarship Programme
To be eligible for an MSP scholarship:
- You must be a professional and national, and living and working in one of the countries on the MSP country list is valid at the time of application.
- You must have a current employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided.
- You must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff development.
- The scholarship application is in line with the priority areas mentioned in the Country Focus Document. See also BEA Scholarship 2022 Fully Funded For Nigerian Undergraduates
Current application round and deadlines
Round 2 is now open for applications. Nuffic’s deadline for applications is 13 October 2020 at 16.00 CEST.
Each education institution has a different deadline for student applications. Please contact the institution for more information or take a look at the deadlines in the course list.
- Deadline for student applications: latest 13 October 2020 16.00 CEST
- Nomination of applicants by institutions: 27 October 2020 16.00 CEST
- Eligibility check & assessment by embassies: 27 October – 24 November 2020 16.00 CEST
- Selection/Grant letters: 15 December 2020
How to apply for MENA Scholarship
Application for the MSP takes place via Dutch institutions. Each deadline, these institutions provide a list of courses available for that deadline. The short courses on offer fall within several fields of study and have a duration of 2 to 12 weeks. See also Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships For International Students
Please apply here https://www.studyinholland.nl/