MEXT Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. However, this scholarship is available for undergraduate, master’s, PhD and training studies in Japan. Similarly, this year MEXT scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, monthly living allowance and round airfare travel expenses from your country to Japan. See also Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program 2021/2022
In addition, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offer this scholarship to academically gifted international students. However, the mext scholarship 2022 2023 is a fully-funded scholarship.
Our aim at Scholarship Venue is to bring to your notice the current scholarship and the necessary information you need to scale through the application. In the same vein, I will explain the full details of this scholarship. However, I will provide Step by step guide to submitting your application. I will also review with you all the relevant information you need. For example, you will know the Scholarship value and inclusions, number of awards, target groups, duration, the field of study and eligibility criteria. Meanwhile, I encourage you to read this article to the end.
Brief Description of MEXT Scholarship
Institution(s): Japanese Universities
Level: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD and training studies
Field of Study: All courses offered in all Japanese Universities from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Health, Arts, Humanities, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions. See also University Of Bristol Scholarships For International Students
Duration: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, PhD: 3-4 Years
Target Group: International students
Number of Scholarships: Not specific
MEXT Scholarship Value
The recipient of the mext scholarship program is to receive the following,
- Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance.
- Fees for the Entrance Examination, and Tuition Fees at Universities.
- Transportation to Japan.
- Residence halls for international students are provided by universities.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT 2023
To be eligible for MEXT Scholarship, you must possess the following. Firstly, You must
- Know how to speak and write.
- Citizens of all countries of the world can apply.
- Secondly, applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education. See also Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022
- On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s programs located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications open. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew; *Please note: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
What is the mext scholarship acceptance rate?
MEXT does not specific the acceptance rate even on their portal.
Is the MEXT scholarship fully funded?
How to Apply for MEXT Scholarship
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for MEXT Scholarship:
- Firstly, read and Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
- Visit the website of the Japanese Embassy of your country.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it out.
- Submit the required documents.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find Sample Written Test with Answers Here.
- After that interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
- The successful candidates will be informed through email or the embassy website.
Documents Required for MEXT
- MEXT Scholarship Application form
- The highest degree is verified with official stamps.
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree
- PhD program applicants: Master’s degree
In conclusion, visit the official scholarship website to submit your application. https://www.mofa.go.jp/about/emb_cons/over/index.html
Also, visit https://www.mext.go.jp/en/ for enquiries
Thanks for reading our article.
We wish you all the best!
Be the first to submit your application for mext undergraduate scholarship 2023