The MTN Foundation Scholarship has become an annual event, every year. Students in various tertiary institutions in Nigeria anxiously wait for the announcement of the MTN Scholarship. The scholarship is helping many academically talented Young Nigerian Students to fund their studies till the graduation period with ease.
This company is a telecommunication giant in Nigeria and is contributing to raising the academic standard in Nigeria, according to MTN. The goal is to create an enabling environment for high-performing students to continue their studies without stress. Foundation has announced that its portal has opened for this year’s registration. See also WAEC Recruitment 2022 |2023 Application Form Portal
We are glad to inform you that the MTN Foundation scheme seeks to draw academically talented young Nigerians from various (NUC) accredited Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education) in Nigeria to apply for its annual scholarship awards.
About MTN Foundation Scholarship
Host institutions: All NUC accredited universities, polytechnics and colleges of education in Nigeria
Number of Scholarship: 500
Scholarship Value: The scholarship amount is not specified but the scholarship will be enough to pay tuition fees, accommodation, textbooks and other expenses that may hamper your academic performance
This Scholarship provides Financial Assistance to students who obviously need financial aid to pay their school fees, and the MTN Foundation’s goal is to identify and reward academic excellence and encourage good character conduct.
In previous years MTN Foundation awards a maximum of 500 students scholarships per annum and this year the Foundation has set out to pick another 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology-related courses in higher education for 2020/2021.
The scholarship is renewable every year until graduation in as much as the beneficiary maintains a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or its equivalent (Second Class, Upper/Upper Credit) while new applicants from full-time students in their Second Year of study are required to apply.
Courses Available for MTN Foundation Scholarship
You must be studying any of the following courses in Nigeria high institutions to stand a chance of selection:-
- Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Information Science and Computer
- Mathematics and Computer
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for MTN Foundation Scholarship
You should be in your second year at the time of application, i.e. you must be of the 2017/2018 admission set.
- A student must be from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria and must be a full-time undergraduate in 200 level/2nd year.
- Applicants from public universities and colleges of education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Candidates from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma Programme (HND).
- Direct entry-level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND program and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University.
Apply For MTN Foundation Scholarship
After Applicant’s details are verified by the Foundation, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an examination/interview.
Items for EXAMINATION
- Two (2) recent Passport
- Valid Student ID Card
- Admission Letter from Jamb and Institution of study
- Admission Letter for the HND Programmes( For Polytechnic Students)
- Other valid means of Identification ie, National ID Card, Driver’s License or International Passport.
Visit the link https://foundation.mtnonline.com/scholarship/success to submit your application.