Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships in an Independent Centre of the University of Oxford. The scholarship Centre was established in 1985 to encourage the scholarly study of Islam and the Islamic world. Similarly, the Centre provides a meeting point for the Western and Islamic worlds of learning. Oxford University contributes to the multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary study of the Islamic world. Beyond Oxford, one of its major roles is to strengthen and provide an international network of academic contacts. For more information, please refer to the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies website. This year’s scholarship will cover 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs (at least £15,609).
Our aim at Scholarship Venue is to bring to your notice the current scholarship and the necessary information you need to scale through the application. In the same vein, I will explain the full details of this scholarship. However, I will provide Step by step guide to submitting your application. I will also review with you all the relevant information you need. For example, you will know the Scholarship value and inclusions, number of awards, target groups, duration, the field of study and eligibility criteria. Meanwhile, I encourage you to read this article to the end.
About Oxford Centre For Islamic Studies Scholarships (OCIS)
- Host Institution: Oxford University
- Host Country: The United kingdom
- Target Group: International Islamic Students
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Residency: Various countries
- Level of Study: All full-time Master’s and DPhil courses
- Field of Study: All accredited courses
- Duration: Period of fee liability
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships Value
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships (OCIS) will cover 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs (at least £15,609). However, the scholarship award is made for the full duration of the student’s fee liability for the agreed course.
You can apply for the following scholarship opportunity
- Lazord Fellowship 2023 | Fully Funded
- Italian Government Scholarships For Foreign Students 2022-2023
- MEXT Scholarship 2023 Fully Funded By Japanese Government
Eligibility Criteria for Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships
Participating students must be applying to start a new full-time master’s or DPhil course at Oxford University.
- Ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community (with preference given to those from a financially disadvantaged household), or
- A national of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries in Asia and Africa:
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- You should be intending to undertake study in a field derived from or of relevance to the Islamic tradition, or which is of relevance and/or benefit to the Muslim world.
Note: This scholarship is not open to candidates applying for postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma courses, part-time courses or non-matriculated courses.
For you to be considered for this scholarship, you should complete the following steps:
- Tick the box for the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarship in the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form;
- Submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline. See the relevant course page for the deadline applicable to your course; and
- Complete an Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships Supporting Statement (see related documents on this page) and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.
We will use the details you supply on the graduate application form to assess your nationality and country of ordinary residence. For a definition of ordinary residency, and further details on how to complete this section of the graduate application form, please see the ‘Nationality and ordinary residence’ section of the graduate application form and the advice contained in the Application Guide.
Thanks for reading our articles.
We wish you the best of luck.