PTDF Scholarship is available for every Nigerian student who wishes to study abroad or in Nigeria Universities.
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is an agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria that is responsible for developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria and other countries of the world.
Every year, PTDF invites applications from all qualified Nigerian students who desire to undertake either Master’s degree or Doctoral degree programme abroad or in Nigeria. Nigerian Government has a good bilateral agreement with European countries, for example, The USA, United Kingdom and Germany. see also Seplat Scholarship 2021/2022 For Nigerian Undergraduate Students
There is an agreement in principle to send qualified Nigerian students to access quality education and research in some top universities in these countries.
In this article, we provide you with step by step guidelines on how to successfully complete and submit your application for PTDF Scholarship. Therefore we advise you to carefully read this article guideline and submit your application on time because consideration will only be given to people who completed their registration before the closing date.
About PTDF Scholarship
PTDF is a top Nigerian agency with a huge reputation, over the years the agency has helped to facilitate overseas scholarships for the Nigerian government.
This year PTDF is inviting is encouraging qualified students in Nigeria like you to submit applications for overseas and in-country MSc and PhD scholarships programme. Selected students for this scholarship will have the opportunity to study in the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, and France, Institutions in the United States of America and Federal Universities in Nigeria. see also MTN Foundation Scholarship 2021 For Nigerian Students
Host Country: Nigeria
Institutions: Check the websites
Target group: Nigerian students
Study level: Master’s and Doctoral Degree
Number of Scholarships: Not specific
scholarship value: Full tuition fees
Duration: 2 years for Master’s Degree and 3 Years for Doctoral Degree (PhD)
PTDF Scholarship Portal
The scholarship application is submitted online, probably on the PTDF website. Ptdf registration platform can be accessed at https://ptdf.gov.ng
PTDF Scholarship Application Form
The application is can be purchased online using an ATM (Interswitch, Master & Visa) card or through the purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc. in all the 36 States and FCT, upon payment of a Non-Refundable sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online are clearly stated on the backside of the cards on or before the deadline.
Overseas PTDF Application Procedures
This particular scholarship is highly competitive and will only be awarded to students with proven outstanding academic records.
Students who submitted their application with the following under listed documents will be given preferential recognition.
- Full academic transcripts, other important professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications by the applicant. (for PhD.) students only.
- Evidence of professional membership bodies.
- The vitality of the study & research plan.
- A suitable research topic/ area of research with a maximum summary of 500 words, remember to state the reasons why you want to undertake the study and the importance of the research when concluded.
PTDF Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Students for the overseas scholarship must possess the following test
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)(USA)
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA)
- GMAT –for Management related courses (USA)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK
MSc Eligibility Criteria
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience;
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate;
- Applicants must be computer literate;
- Possession of O/level with Credit in the English Language; (At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO); and
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
PhD. Eligibility Criteria
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience.
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Possession of O/level with Credit in the English Language.
- Employment in the academics in reputable Nigerian institutions, teaching oil and gas related disciplines.
- A minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a minimum of merit as a second-degree certificate in an oil and gas-related discipline.
- Submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry, Topic, introduction, objective, methodology relevance to the industry and mode of data collection.
- Possess a valid admission letter.
- Must not be over 40 years of age
These documents must be scanned and attached to the application form
- Your First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result;
- NYSC discharge certificate;
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results;
- 2 Recent Passport Photographs;
- Local Government Identification Letter;
- Masters’ Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Your Admission Letter (PhD Applicants)
How To Apply for PTDF Scholarship
Those who meet the scholarship eligibility criteria should submit their application here https://ptdf.gov.ng
Carefully read the criteria carefully before applying.
Submit your application on time.
only those who meet the eligibility criteria selected