UBC Karen McKellin Scholarship 2020 International Leaders of Tomorrow Award. The UBC need-and-merit-based scholarship award recognizes international undergraduates who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership potential, skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas. See also University Of Helsinki Scholarships For Africans| 2022|2022
UBC Karen McKellin Scholarship Value
The value of the UBC Karen McKellin scholarship for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need. Financial need is determined by total tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family during the registration period. See also Nokia Foundation Scholarship 2022 | How To Secure Fully Funded Scholarships To Study Abroad
UBC Scholarship award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or until degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa). See also Maastricht University Scholarship 2020|21 For International Students
Eligibility criteria UBC Karen McKellin Scholarship
To be considered for the UBC Karen McKellin Scholarship for International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- Must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or another university.
- Must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- Must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standards).
- Must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Please note: If you are nominated for a UBC Karen McKellin Scholarship for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award, you will not be considered for merit-based awards, including International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards. See also UWE Millennium Scholarship For International Students 2021/2022 Bristol
Applications for the award will open on November 1, 2020.
- December 15: Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although you can specify two-degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for this award.
- January 31: Meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard.
- Mid-April: Nominees will be informed if they have received an award.
- Visit the Official Webpage for Further Details
How to Apply for UBC Karen McKellin Scholarship
Interested applicants who meet the eligibility criteria should submit their award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although you can specify two-degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for this award.
Please fill out one of the forms below to be considered for the award. The Okanagan campus and the Vancouver campus have separate forms.