Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme helps to develop the finest leaders of tomorrow. Weidenfeld will achieve this objective by assisting students with excellent university results and professionals from developing and emerging economies. Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships are available for master’s degree students who wish to study abroad. However, Weidenfeld is offering this student from all over the world the opportunity to pursue a fully-funded graduate studies programme at the University of Oxford. Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships will combine a comprehensive programme of leadership development, long-term mentoring and networking to enhance human capital development in relevant fields.
Brief History of Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships
The Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme was established in the year 2015, with applause to generous donations from multiple donors to mark the 95th birthday of Lord Weidenfeld.
In June 2017, Chairman André Hoffmann pledged an additional donation of £9m to the Trust which, thanks to matched funding of £6m from Oxford University, will double the size of the Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme.
Summary of Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships
- Host Institution: Oxford University
- Country: United kingdom
- Target Group: International Students
- Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
- Level of Study: DPhil
Eligible Courses Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships
- BCL Bachelor of Civil Law
- MBA Master of Business Administration
- MJur Magister Juris
- MPP Master of Public Administration and Policy
- MSc Advanced Computer Science
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Biodiversity, Conservation and Management
- MSc Comparative Social Policy
- MSc Contemporary Chinese Studies
- MPhil in Development Studies
- MSt Diplomatic Studies
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Education (Comparative and International Education)
- MSc Education (Higher Education)
- MSc Energy Systems
- MSc Environmental Change and Management
- MSc Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation
- MSc Financial Economics
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc Global Health Science and Epidemiology
- MSc International Health and Tropical Medicine
- MSc Migration Studies
- MSc Modern Middle Eastern Studies
- MSc Modern South Asian Studies
Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships Value, Benefits & inclusions
Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership programme will cover 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £15,285). The awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
You can also apply for the following scholarship opportunities
- Lazord Fellowship 2023 | Fully Funded
- Dalarna University Scholarship 2023
- MTN Foundation Scholarship 2021 For Nigerian Students
Eligibility Criteria for Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships
Candidates who wish to apply for Weidenfeld Scholarship must fulfil the following criteria:
- You must be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford.
- You should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed. Students currently at Oxford are not eligible to apply unless they are already Weidenfeld-Hoffmann scholars.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a connection between your subject of study and your longer-term career objectives, explaining how you see your professional work contributing to the improvement of public life in your country of origin or at a wider regional or international level.
- The above qualities will be assessed during the selection process, including using your graduate application form, your Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships Questionnaire and (if relevant) your interview.
- This scholarship is not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers starting in 2021-22.
Eligible Countries for Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, China Tibet, China, Hong Kong SAR, China, Macau SAR, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo, Rep, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire.
Application Procedures for Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships
Candidates must complete the application form online. You must select the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme in the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course. See the relevant course page for the deadline applicable to your course.